Cohen Brothers' Dept. Store; May Cohens Dept. Store; Jacksonville City Hall
The St. James Building, designed by architect H. J. Klutho, was built in 1911 and 1912 on the former site of St. James Hotel located at 117 West Duval Street in Jacksonville, Florida. The building housed the Cohen Brothers' Department Store from 1912 to 1958 and the May Cohens Department Store from 1958 to 1987. Since 1997 it has been the location of Jacksonville City Hall. The St. James Building is in the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #76000594).
Taylor; George Lansing; Jr.; Lance Taylor; Klutho, Henry John, 1873-1964; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Architecture -- Florida -- Photographs; Architecture -- Florida -- Jacksonville -- Photographs; Historic buildings -- Florida -- Photographs; Historic buildings -- Florida -- Pictorial works; Historic buildings -- Florida -- Jacksonville -- Photographs; Historic sites -- Florida -- Photographs; Business enterprises -- Florida -- Jacksonville -- Photographs; Jacksonville (Fla.) -- Buildings; structures; etc. -- Pictorial works; commercial