Preview

image preview

Creation Date

5-3-2010

Building Name

United Hebrews of Ocala synagogue;Ocala Bible Chapel

Historic District

Tuscawilla Park Historic District

Description

Located in Ocala, Florida, the former United Hebrews of Ocala synagogue was built in 1888 in the Carpenter Gothic architectural style. It was one of the first synagogues built in Florida and one the oldest still standing synagogues in the United States. The congregation changed its name to Temple B'nai Darom and has since moved from the building. It is now the Ocala Bible Chapel. It is a contributing building on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #87002015)

Latitude, Longitude

29.18844, -82.13092

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Synagogues; Ocala (Fla.); Churches and synagogues

Share

Image Location

 
COinS