Stetson University Campus Historic District
Stetson Hall, Deland FL. Stetson University's second building, Stetson Hall, was built in 1886 at a cost of about $12,000, with John B. Stetson as the major donor, to give boarding students a place to live while attending the university. Built in the Second Empire style, similar to DeLand Hall, it contained living quarters for the first president, Dr. John F. Forbes and his family, a dining hall, and rooms on the second and third floors for students and teachers. A wall divided the halls for separate use by men and women. Stetson Hall has been extensively altered since it was built. Only the southwest corner of the current building is the original Stetson Hall.
Contributing Building - Stetson University Campus Historic District - National Register of Historic Places
NRIS #91000244 It was built in ca 1886 and designed by
Architect: John P Mace
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Historic buildings; Stetson University; Stetson Hall; Residence hall; John B. Stetson; Volusia County; Deland, Fl.