North Historic District, Savannah, GA
Old Savannah Cotton Exchange in the North Historic District, Savannah, GA was photographed on Sep. 24, 2009. The Savannah Cotton Exchange building was completed in 1887 & was designed by the nationally-known Boston architect, William Gibbons Preston (1844-1910). It is now the headquarters of the Savannah Chamber of Commerce. The prices of cotton, lumber & turpentine were set here, for the world. It is symbol of the importance of the cotton industry to the city of Savannah.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Architecture; Commercial buildings; Historic sites; Cotton industry; Savannah-Georgia