Preview

image preview

Creation Date

5-3-2009

Building Name

The Mechanical Engineering Building

Historic District

University of Florida Campus Historic District

Description

Walker Hall UF, Gainesville, FL. The Mechanical Engineering Building was named for Major E.S. Walker, professor of civil engineering, and is now the home of the Department of Mathematics. Designed by Rudolph Weaver, it was built in 1927.
Walker Hall, originally known as the Mechanical Engineering Building, is an historic classroom building on the campus of the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, in the United States.
Contributing Building - University of Florida Campus Historic District - National Register of Historic Places
NRIS #89000322. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 20, 1989.

Latitude, Longitude

29.650745, -82.342958

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Historic buildings; University of Florida; Walker Hall; Mechanical Engineering Building; Major E.S. Walker; Rudolph Weaver- architect; Gainesville, Fl.; Alachua County

Share

Image Location

 
COinS