Mitchell County courthouse
Image focuses on the clock which is inset in the sculpture above the windows and the building name on the Mitchell County courthouse in Camilla, Georgia. The clock has a standing eagle holding a shield on the left and right of the clock. It was built in 1936 in the Art Deco/Stripped Classical architectural style and designed by William J.J. Chase. This is the fourth courthouse for the county (1858 burned in 1869, 1870, 1890).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Relief (Sculpture); Courthouses--Georgia--Camilla; Mitchell County (Ga.); Camilla (Ga.); Courthouses