Burke County courthouse
The Burke County courthouse is located in Waynesboro, Georgia. It was built in 1857 in the Vernacular architectural style with Italianate elements and Victorian clock tower. It was expanded during 1899-1900 with an annex added in 1940. This is the fourth courthouse for the county (1773 a log cabin ; 1777 wooden building burnt in 1825 ; 1856 burned in same year). This is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #80000980).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Courthouses--Georgia--Waynesboro; Burke County (Ga.); Waynesboro (Ga.); Courthouses