Preview

image preview

Creation Date

9-7-2009

Building Name

Volusia County courthouse

Historic District

Downtown Deland Historic District

Description

The former Volusia County courthouse is located in DeLand, Florida. It was built in 1929 in the Neoclassical architectural style and designed by W.D. Harper & Co. Its architectural features include fluted Corinthian columns, copper-clad dome and grand rotunda topped by a stained glass dome. The building was in use as a courthouse until 2001. It has undergone renovation and now houses some county departments. This is a contributing building on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #87001796).

Latitude, Longitude

29.02897, -81.304374

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Courthouses--Florida--De Land; Volusia County (Fla.); De Land (Fla.); Courthouses

Share

Image Location

 
COinS