Preview

image preview

Creation Date

5-19-2009

Building Name

Polk County courthouse;Polk County Historical Museum

Description

The former Polk County courthouse is located in Bartow, Florida. Built between 1908-1909, this was the third courthouse for the county. Previous courthouses were built in 1867 and 1884. This courthouse remained in use until 1987 when the fourth courthouse was built. It is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #89001055). The historic courthouse is currently in use as the Polk County Historical Museum.

Latitude, Longitude

27.897989, -81.840301

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Courthouses--Florida--Bartow; Polk County (Fla.); Bartow (Fla.); Courthouses

Share

Image Location

 
COinS