Boone Park 1, Jacksonville, FL was photographed on July 11, 2009, in Fairfax, Jacksonville, FL, US. Boone Park is located in the Avondale area. The City purchased most of the property from William Elijah Boone and four other owners in 1926. In 1937, the “little house” was constructed on the grounds for use by the Girl Scouts, and the first tennis courts were built sometime prior to 1946. Riverside Avondale Preservation (RAP) has worked extensively for improvements at the park in recent years.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; City and state parks; William Elijah Boone; Tennis courts; Trails; Childrens playgrounds; Pavillions; Avondale-Jacksonville(Fl)