Fort Coombs Armory
Apalachicola Historic District
Fort Coombs Armory is located in Apalachicola, Florida. The armory was originally built by the Franklin Guards in 1898 but burned during a fire. The building was rebuilt in 1901 with noted features such as slit windows, and a corner tower that resembles a medieval watchtower. This is a contributing building on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #80000951) and a part of the Apalachicola Historic District.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Armories--Florida--Apalachicola; Fort Coombs Armory (Apalachicola, Fla.); Apalachicola (Fla.); Historical-Misc.