St Augustine Public Market
St Augustine Town Plan Historic District
St Augustine Public Market, St Augustine, Fl.
The first public market was established in this Plaza by Governor Mendez de Canzo in 1598. A standard system of weights and measures was introduced for the protection of the consumer. A market for the sale of meats and produce was erected in 1824 and used till 1878. It was rebuilt in 1888 by the city following the disastrous fire.
Contributing Building - St Augustine Town Plan Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #70000847
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Florida-St Augustine; Public market; Meat & produce; Historic district; St Johns County (Fl); St Augustine (Fl)