Tampa Bay Hotel;University of Tampa Plant Hall
The former Tampa Bay Hotel is located in Tampa, Florida. It was built in 1888 by Henry B. Plant in the Moorish Revival architectural style. It operated as a hotel from 1891 to 1930. In 1933, the Tampa Bay Junior College moved into the hotel and eventually expanded to become the University of Tampa. At some point, the building was named Plant Hall and it serves as offices and classrooms excluding the south wing which houses the Plant Museum. This is on the National Register of Historic Places and a National Historic Landmark (NHLS and NRIS #72000322).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Hotels--Florida--Tampa; College buildings--Florida--Tampa; University of Tampa; Tampa (Fla.); Hotels