Preview

image preview

Creation Date

1-16-2012

Building Name

Cape St. George Lighthouse

Description

The Cape St George Lighthouse is located near the southern tip of Saint George Island, Florida. Built in 1852, it is the third lighthouse on the island. The light was deactivated in 1994. In 2005, the tower collapsed into the Gulf of Mexico. Using salvaged pieces and original plans from the National Archives, the lighthouse reopened to the public in 2008. This is on the National Register of Historic Places (#74000625).

Latitude, Longitude

29.704008,-84.76289

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Lighthouses--Florida--Saint George Island; Saint George Island (Fla.); Lighthouses

Share

Image Location

 
COinS