Coast Guard Station
Coast Guard Station, St Simons Island, GA
Coast Guard Station at East Beach on St. Simons remained an active Coast Guard Station from 1936 until 1995. It was built in 1936 as part of a WPA ( Works Progress Administration) project, during the Depression.
Now this treasured landmark with National Register of Historic Places designation is preserved by the Coastal Georgia Historical Society as the Society's Maritime Museum. The museum features seven galleries that explain the importance of our coastal ecosystem and its preservation, the coast’s military history, and the important role played by the U.S. Coast Guard.
National Register of Historic Places NRIS #98000297
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Coast Guard Station; Maritime Museum; Coast Guard; Coastal Georgia Historical Society; Glynn County ( Ga.); St.Simons Island ( Ga.); Coast Guard Stations -- Georgia -- St Simons Island.