Savannah Historic District
SCAD Poetter Hall, Savannah, GA.
The SCAD flagship building was originally named Preston Hall. Poetter Hall dates back to 1892 and when it was the Savannah Volunteer Guard Armory. Poetter Hall was the first building that SCAD acquired in 1979. This 36,248 square-foot building contained a drill hall, ballroom, large company rooms and a guard club.
Now the Potter Hall is part of SCAD (Savannah College of Art & Design), is a private, degree-granting university with locations in Savannah and Atlanta.
Contributing Building - Savannah Historic District - National Register of Historic Places National Historic Landmark NRIS and NHLS #66000277
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Poetter Hall; Savannah Volunteer Guard Armory; Savannah College of Art & Design; Historic landmark; Chatham County (Ga.); Savannah (Ga.); Armories -- Georgia -- Savannah.