Dorchester Presbyterian Church
Dorchester Presbyterian Church Marker, Dorchester, GA.
This marker was placed by the Georgia Historical Commission . It is located at the Dorchester Presbyterian Church.
The text on the marker reads as :
" This church, built in 1854 on a lot of four acres donated by B. A. Busbee, was first used for summer services only. On January 6, 1871, it was admitted into the Savannah Presbytery as an organized church of 14 members. The Rev. J. W. Montgomery was the first pastor. L. J. Mallard was the first ruling elder. The bell, from old Sunbury, was once used for church, school, market and town. The font and communion service are from Midway Church. The font was a gift from Dr. William McWhir, the tankard from John Lambert, the communion service from Simon Monroe, Esq. Elders contributing most in later years - Preston Waite and Charles B. Jones."
GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Dorchester Presbyterian Church Marker; Dorchester Presbyterian Church; Rev. J. W. Montgomery -pastor; Historical markers; Liberty County (Ga.); Dorchester (Ga.); Historical markers --- Georgia --- Dorchester.