Preview

image preview

Creation Date

4-9-2011

Building Name

St. Augustine Lighthouse

Description

The St. Augustine lighthouse is located on the north end of Anastasia Island in Saint Augustine, Florida. The current tower was built in 1874 and automated in 1971. In 1990, the Junior Service League signed a lease for the property. In 1998, it became the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum, a separate entity from the Junior League. In 2002, the lighthouse was given to the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum. This is a part of the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #81000668).

Latitude, Longitude

29.88681, -81.288589

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Lighthouses--Florida--Saint Augustine; St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum; Saint Augustine (Fla.); Lighthouses

Share

Image Location

 
COinS