First Masonic Lodge in Charlton County
First Masonic Lodge In Charlton County Marker, Trader's Hill, GA.
The First Masonic Lodge in Charlton County historical marker is located on the east side of Georgia Highway 121 just south of Folkston, Georgia.
The text on the marker reads as :
" Trader's Hill Masonic Lodge was established by dispensation March 1, 1854, one month after Charlton County was created. The first return to the Grand Lodge was made in 1855, and showed: the Rev. F.M. Smith, W.M.; R.A. Baker, S.W.; P.W.W. Mattox, J.W.; James B. Baker, James S. Strickland, R.J. McCook and J.J. Moore. The Lodge increased in membership, and was removed to old Centerville about 1870; later it was moved to Folkston, where it is now Folkston Lodge No. 196. F.&A.M." Georgia Historical Commission 1958.
Taylor; George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; First masonic Lodge Marker; Traders Hill Masonic Lodge; Historical marker; Charlton County ( Ga.); Traders Hill ( Ga.); Historical; marker -- Georgia -- Traders Hill.