Dahlonega Historical Commercial District
Halls Block Plaque, Dahlonega, GA.
The Halls Block was built between 1882 and 1883 by Capatain Frank W. Hall to house his Merchandise Company. He had come to Dahlonega from Vermont. He became the richest man in Lumpkin County, till he died in 1901. From 1920 - 1962 the Halls Block was occupied by Moores Store, a genuine general merchandise store, run by John Moore.
Today a part of the Dahlonega's history is kept alive by the buildings current owner, local merchant and businessman, C. Jon Stone.
Halls Block is recognized with the Dahlonega Historical Commercial district as listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Halls Block Plaque; Halls Block; Captain Frank W. Hall; Moore's Store; John Moore; Merchandise store; Lumpkin County (Ga.); Dahlonega (Ga.); Plaques --- Georgia --- Dahlonega.