The Lola Culver Elementary School
Lola Culver Elementary Artwork Jacksonville FL
The Lola Culver Elementary School was built in 1916, and designed by Henry John Klutho to educate the children of this working class neighborhood. The eagle on the building is common in American architecture. Originally called Panama Park Grammar School, the Lola M. Culver Elementary School once served as the only public school in this area of North Jacksonville. It operated within the Duval County School system. It served 262 students in grades PK -5. Minority enrollment was 80%. It closed its doors in 2009.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Lola Culver Elementary School; Klutho, Henry John, 1873-1964; Eagle; Architectural details; Duval County (Fl.); Building details -- Florida -- Jacksonville -- Duval County