Cumming Public School
Cumming Public School 2, GA.
The Cumming Public School was built in 1923 to serve students in grades 1 through 11. It was the first school in Forsyth County to offer a high school diploma. It was rebuilt after a fire in 1927 and became an elementary and middle school.
Over time, the school was used for the offices of the Forsyth County Board of Education. In 2000, Annette Bramblett of the Historical Society had the school named into the National Register of Historical Places.
Through restoration, the school's auditorium is now home to The Cumming Playhouse. Historical artifacts and information about old Cumming can be found in the school today.
The Historical Society of Forsyth County and The Bell Center for Southern Genealogical research now call it their home.
National Register of Historic Places NRIS #00000107
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Cumming Public School; Forsyth County (Ga.); Schools --- Georgia --- Cumming --- Forsyth County.