Tillman Baptist Church
Tillman Baptist Church Marker (Reverse), Tillman, SC.
The marker reads as : (side 2)
Continued from front.... " This church moved to Tillman in 1897 after the congregation acquired property for a new sanctuary; work began that year and was completed in 1901. Renamed Edon Baptist Church (also spelled Eden), it was known by that name until the 1930s, when it was renamed Tillman Baptist Church. The congregation has been a member of the Savannah River Assn. of Baptist Churches since 1883."
Erected by the Congregation and the Jasper County Historical Society, 2000
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Tillman Baptist Church Marker; Tillman Baptist Church; Edon Baptist Church; Savannah River Association of Baptist Churches; Jasper County (SC); Historical marker -- South Carolina -- Tillman.