Tillman Baptist Church
Tillman Baptist Marker (Obverse) Tillman SC
This is located on Cotton Hill Rd., Tillman, in Jasper county, SC.
The marker reads as: (side 1)
" This church, formally established in 1883 as Savin Grove Baptist Church, had its origins in a congregation active before the Civil War just south of present-day Tillman. When Revs. J.F. Morrall and Jonas Trowell reestablished the church it took the old name of Savin Grove. Rev. W.H. Dowling served as its first minister and Rev. J.M. Bostick as its second minister." Erected by the Congregation and the Jasper County Historical Society, 2000
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Tillman Baptist Marker; Tillman Baptist Church; Savin Grove Baptist Church; Edon Baptist Church; Jasper County (SC); Historical marker --- South Carolina --- Tillman.