St Andrews Cemetery
St Andrews Cemetery Marker, Darien GA
This marker is located in Darien in McIntosh County , Georgia.
The text on the marker reads as :
" At the end of this avenue, on high land overlooking the creeks and marshes, Thomas Spalding of Sapelo established his family burial ground. For many years the Spaldings and their kinsmen were buried there. In 1867, Charles Spalding, son of Thomas Spalding, gave to Saint Andrew´s Episcopal Church in Darien the land surrounding the family plot, to be used perpetually as a cemetery. On February 20, 1876, the right Reverend Dr. Beckwith, Bishop of Georgia, consecrated the ground now known as St. Andrew´s Cemetery."
Sponsored by the Georgia Historical Commission 1957
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; St Andrews Cemetery Marker; St Andrews Cemetery; Thomas Spalding; Charles Spalding; McIntosh County (Ga.); Historical marker --- Georgia --- Darien.