Minnie F. Corbitt Memorial Museum Marker, Atkinson Co., GA
The Minnie F. Corbitt Memorial Museum State Historic Marker is located at North Church and East Carter Streets, Pearson, GA.
The text on the marker reads as :
" Here about 1873, on Lot No. 1, S. J. Henderson built the first residence in Pearson, then the terminus of the Brunswick and Albany R.R. Successively the home of prominent families in early Pearson history, in 1905 it became the residence of Martin S. Corbitt, Ordinary of Atkinson County 1928 - 1936. In 1955, at the request of Mrs. Corbitt and her sons, the house was dedicated by the City of Pearson and John Floyd Chapter D.A.R. to the perpetuation of memory of south Georgia pioneers and their way of life."
Georgia Historical Commission 1956
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Minnie F. Corbitt Memorial Museum Marker; Minnie F. Corbitt Memorial Museum; Minnie F. Corbitt; Martin S. Corbitt; Atkinson County ( Ga.); Pearson ( Ga.); Historical marker --- Georgia --- Pearson.