Garden Club Jacksonville, FL Cornerstone. Ninah May Holden Cummer gathered a group of twenty friends in her Riverside home on March 25, 1922 to organize a garden club to create a more beautiful city. This group ultimately was to become the Garden Club of Jacksonville, Inc. The distinctive columned main building which houses the office, library, ballroom and supporting spaces was opened in 1958. This building continues to be the site of horticulture and design lectures, demonstrations, exhibitions, and plant and garden sales. Several major plant societies of the area also meet and exhibit at the Garden Club. This is a corner stone on the wall.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Corner stone; Historic buildings; Garden Club; Jacksonville(Fla.); clubs - associations