Preview

image preview

Creation Date

1-19-2009

Building Name

The Halln 1946 this building became the Melrose Woman's Club. n 1946 this building became the Melrose Woman's Club. n 1946 this building became the Melrose Woman's Club.

Description

Melrose Woman's Club The Melrose Woman's Club (also known as The Literary and Debating Society or The Hall) is a historic woman's club in Melrose, Florida. It is located at Pine Street. On April 6, 1978, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places NRIS # 78000956. It was one of the first women's clubs in Florida, founded by women who moved to the area of Melrose In 1893, carpenter E.L. Judd built the hall where the Literary and Debating Society conducted their meetings. In 1946 this building became the Melrose Woman's Club.

Latitude, Longitude

29.711388, -82.04519

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; clubs - associations; Womans Club; The Hall; The Literary and Debating Society; Melrose Fl.

Share

Image Location

 
COinS