Green Cove Springs Historic District
Village Improvement Association , Green Cove Springs, FL. The VIA (Village Improvement Association) was organized on Feb. 20, 1883. In 1889 it was incorporated and in 1895, Mrs. Penelope Border Hamilton Gave VIA it first home. Present building was built in 1915, and designed by Architect Mellen Greeley of Jacksonville. Today also it serves the community and engages in social, educational and beautification projects. Contributing Building - Green Cove Springs Historic District - National Register of Historic Places
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor,Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; clubs - associations; Village Improvement Association; Federated Womans Club; Penelope Border Hamilton; Historic district; Historic building; Green Cove Springs, Fl.