Anderson Hall UF Plaque, FL. It is a historic building in Gainesville, Florida, in the northeastern section of the University of Florida campus. On June 27, 1979, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places #79000562.
Built in 1913 and originally called Language Hall, Anderson Hall was designed as a multipurpose building, housing the classrooms and offices for the Departments of English, Language, History and Mathematics. It also housed the offices of the Registrar as well as Graduate Studies. The building was renamed in 1949 in honor of James Nesbitt Anderson, who was the first Dean of The graduate School in 1930 till he retired. It was designed in collegiate gothic style by architect William A. Edward.
This plaque shows the date it was built and name of hall.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College building; Historic building; Historical markers; Plaque; University of Florida; Gainesville, FL