Newell Hall UF 2. In 1909, this building was established to house the Florida Agricultural Experiment Station that had recently relocated from Lake City to Gainesville. The surrounding grounds of the facility were landscaped in order to provide hands-on research and practice for students. Renovations occurred in 1943, and the building was renamed in honor of Dr. Wilmon E. Newell, a prominent entomologist.
Newell Hall is a historic site in Gainesville, Florida, United States. It is located in the northeastern section of the University of Florida. On June 27, 1979, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
Taylor; George Lansing; Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Historic buildings; University of Florida; Newell Hall; Florida Agricultural Experiment Station; Dr. Wilmon E. Newell; Gainesville; Fl.; Alachua County