W A Steed residence
Stetson University Campus Historic District
Stetson's Presidents House, Deland, FL. This stately two-and-a-half-story home adjoining the campus was purchased by Stetson University in 1948 for use as the president's home.
A good example of Neoclassical style, it has a symmetrical façade, hip roof of tile pierced by hip dormers, and corbelled brick chimneys. Its full-height entrance porch with classical Ionic columns and pilasters features a second story balcony with French doors.
Five Stetson University presidents have lived there, from Dr. J. Ollie Edmunds to Dr. H. Douglas Lee.
Contributing Building - Stetson University Campus Historic District - National Register of Historic Places
NRIS #91000244 . It was built in ca 1910. Originally it was the W A Steed residence.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Historic buildings; Presidents House; Stetson University; Residence-- president; Neoclassical style; Deland, Fl.