Appomattox courthouse;Appomattox Court House National Historical Park Visitor Center
The Old Appomattox Court House is a structure within the Appomattox Court House National Historical Park in the state of Virginia. It was built in 1846 and burned in 1892. The "old" Appomattox Court House was reconstructed in 1963 and 1964 as the park's visitor center and information desk for the National Park Service. The reconstructed building is a two-story structure of running bond brick with a raised second floor main entry. The four-panel entry doors on the main level are flanked by 12/12 double hanging sash windows. All the windows of the "court house" have shutters. It is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #66000827).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Courthouses--Virginia--Appomattox; Appomattox Court House National Historical Park (Va.); Appomattox County (Va.); Appomattox (Va.); Courthouses