J H Churchwell Building
Covington Company Mosaic, Jacksonville, Fl. This is the mosaic on the front door of the Covington Company, which was built in 1905 by Robert Victor Covington, who then sold it to J H Churchwell in 1925. It is also known as the J H Churchwell Building, which had the company selling shoes, dry good and notions. Now it has undergone complete renovation and converted to the Churchweel lofts, the downtown spot for uptown living.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Florida-Jacksonville; Building details; Covington Company; J H Churchwell Building; Duval County (Fl.); Jacksonville (Fl.)