Sweethearts Cigar Factory
Tampa Sweethearts Cigar Company, Tampa, Fl.
The four-story brick building was built in 1895 for Garcia Brothers & Co. and was later used for the shipping and warehousing of tobacco products. At one point it was occupied by the Salvador Rodriguez Cigar Company and its “Charles the Great” cigar brand.
In 1964, The Arturo Fuente Cigar Company moved into the building as demand required more space. In 1994, Arturo Fuente closed it’s operations at the factory. At that time, Arturo Oscar retired and started the Tampa Sweethearts Cigar Company in the same building. Today the Cigar Company is still in business, and are in the process of renovating the building.
Taylor; George Lansing; Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial building-Florida-Tampa; Tampa Sweethearts Cigar Company; Charles the Great Cigar factory; Arturo Fuente Cigars; Hillsborough County (Fl.); Ybor City; Tampa (Fl.)