Balser /Brandt Building
Chester Historic District
Balser Brandt Building Marker, Chester, SC.
The Balser/Brandt Building is in the Chester Historic District, and was built in 1871-1874. This marker is placed outside on the building wall.
It reads as follows :
"The following jewelry stores have occupied the lower floor of this building : Brandts, Robinsons, Royals, & Runyans. The original clock tower has been removed from 1820 to 1853, two courthouses (one wooden & one brick) stood in front. The town well & cistern also occupied part of that area."
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.,Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Balser/Brandt Building; Balser/Brandt Building Marker; Chester Historic District; Jewelery stores; Historical marker; Chester County (SC.); Historical markers --- South Carolina --- Chester.