Old Carnegie Library Marker (Obverse), Cuthbert, GA.
This marker was erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and Randolph Historical Society, 2001 , in Cuthbert in Randolph County, Georgia.
It reads [ side 1] as :
" The first formal meeting to organize a library association was held at Andrew College in April 1878 with Dr. A. L. Hamilton presiding. The thirteen members of the Cuthbert Library Club offered their book collections, and Judge John T. Clark offered space in his office for the headquarters. The Cuthbert Book Club, operating from 1905-1905, was the next library organization. In 1917, a library board consisting of Mrs. J. B. Bussey, Chair; Mrs. Julian B. Edings, Mrs. John D. Gunn, Mrs. Charlie Harris, Mrs. G. Y. Moore, A. A. Lockett, A. C. Moye, B. B. Teabeaut and E. C. Teel was appointed to work with the Cuthbert Woman´s Club to secure funding from the Andrew Carnegie Foundation."
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Old Carnegie Library Marker; Old Carnegie Library; Andrew Carnegie Foundation; Cuthbert Book Club; Cuthbert Woman´s Club; Randolph County (Ga.); Cuthbert (Ga.); Historical markers --- Georgia --- Cuthbert.