image preview

Creation Date


Building Name

Two Harbors Lighthouse


The Two Harbors Lighthouse is located in Two Harbors, Minnesota. Built in 1892, the tower overlooks Lake Superior's Agate Bay. The tower and attached keeper's quarters were built of red brick. The tower which was automated in 1981 is still active and operated by the Lake County Historical Society. The property (tower, keeper's quarters, assistant keeper's quarters, a fog signal building, an oil house, a skiff house and a garage) was transferred to the Lake County Historical Society in 1999. The Society operates the keeper's quarters as a bed and breakfast. This is on the National Register of Historic Places (84001483).

Latitude, Longitude



Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Lighthouses--Minnesota--Two Harbors; Bed and breakfast accommodations--Minnesota--Two Harbors; Two Harbors (Minn.); Lighthouses


Image Location