Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church / Middle Florida Missionary Baptist Association Marker, Madison County, Fl.
The Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church / Middle Florida Missionary Baptist Association historical marker is located just outside the town of Lee in Madison County, Florida.
The text on the marker reads as : (side 1)
Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church
" For the Glory of God Macedonia Church was established as a mission of Pine Grove Church, 1859. It first met in a log building near the southwest corner of the cemetery. Charter members of the church were: Manning]. and Cynthia Williams, Henderson M. and Mary Frier, Elias and Emoline Pert, Georgia Ann Hudson, and Sarah Cornett. The assisting Elders were Ryan and Henderson Frier. It sponsored the organization of Faith Church, 1964. Always scripturally sound and busy in Missionary outreach, Macedonia is a monument to the Grace of God. "
(side 2) Middle Florida Missionary Baptist Association
" The Middle Florida Baptist Association was formed at Macedonia Church, November 9, 1900, by a group of churches formerly in The Florida Association. Reverend, J.T. Farnell was the First Moderator, and J.L. Rutherford, The First Clerk. Carl W. Burnett, a layman from Macedonia, served as Associational Clerk for 46 years, following 1921. The Association has ever dignified the layman in God's work, gave early encouragement to The Ladies' Missionary Societies, fostered cooperation among the churches, and sought to Glorify God." Sponsored by The Macedonia Church and The Middle Florida Baptist Association in cooperation with The Madison County Historical Society.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church Marker; Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church; Madison County (Fl.); Historical marker --- Florida --- Madison County.