Old Grand Theatre
Moultrie Commercial Historic District
Old Grand Theatre, Moultrie GA
The Grand Theatre was the first major venture for Moultrie, GA. by showman, Charlie Powell. constructed on Main Street in the mid-1920’s, & the theatre enjoyed great popularity.
The theatre closed in the early part of World War II and became the location of Waite’s News Stand. It was later used as a frame shop and supply warehouse for Rhoden’s stationers, located in the building adjacent to the Grand Theatre. Present owner, Billy Fallin, Moultrie lawyer and downtown developer restored the building and it is the location of a retail store.
Contributing Building - Moultrie Commercial Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #94000543
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Old Grand Theatre; Charlie Powell; Waite’s News Stand; Warehouse; Retail store; Historic district; Colquitt County (Ga.); Theaters --- Georgia --- Moultrie.