image preview

Creation Date


Building Name

Whitehouse Elementary


Whitehouse Elementary 1 Jacksonville Fl.

Whitehouse Elementary School located in Jacksonville, Florida . In 1926, White House Elementary No. 51, opened its doors. The original building housed five classrooms and a library and served grades one through eight. It operates within the Duval School District.

Since that time, Whitehouse has grown considerably. From 1955 to 1968, a total of eighteen permanent classrooms were added. In 1987, the original building was completely renovated and a new building was added, providing much needed office space. Most recently, in 2001, the original building was once again renovated, a new "cafetorium" was constructed, plus four additional classrooms were built at the south end of the property. It is growing and has 457 students from KG -5 grades.

Latitude, Longitude

30.31253333, -81.84702778


Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Whitehouse Elementary School; Elementary School; Duval County (Fl.); Whitehouse Outlying Landing Field; Schools --- Florida --- Jacksonville.


Image Location