Margaret K. Reynolds Building, Sanford Grammar School
Sanford Grammar School, Sanford, Fl.
The Sanford Grammar School, also known as the Sanford High School and as the Margaret K. Reynolds Building, is an historic school building located at 301 West 7th Street in Sanford, Florida Built in 1902, it was designed by Wilbur B. Talley in the Romanesque Revival style of architecture. Sanford architect Elton James Moughton designed the wings which were added in 1916.
On November 23, 1984, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, NRIS #84000253. The Sanford Grammar School which opened its doors 113 years ago, officially closed its doors July 31, 2015. It is unclear if the historic building will reopen.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Sanford Grammar School; Sanford High School; Margaret K. Reynolds Building; Historic building; Wilbur B. Talley -architect; Romanesque Revival style; Seminole County (Fl.); Schools --- Florida --- Sanford --- Seminole County.