North Carolina School for the Deaf Historic District
Hoey Building North Carolina School for the Deaf Morganton, NC.
The North Carolina School for the Deaf is a state-supported residential school for deaf children established in 1894, in Morganton, North Carolina, USA. It was built in 1939. and designed by architect Charles C. Benton.
Established in 1893, the North Carolina School for the Deaf (NCSD), is a day/residential facility for the education of children who are deaf and hard of hearing. It is located on a beautiful and historic 160 acre campus in Morganton, NC. NCSD provides a residential option for students who prefer to stay on campus. Students in grades K-5 are housed in Rankin Hall dormitory. Male and female students in grades 6 through 12 are housed in the newly renovated, state of the art Main Building, one of the oldest and most historic buildings on campus.
Contributing Building - North Carolina School for the Deaf Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #89000325
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Hoey Building; North Carolina School for the Deaf; Historic building; Residential school; Historic district; Burke County (NC); Schools --- North Carolina --- Morganton --- Burke County.