Glenwood High School
Glenwood High School 2 , GA
Glenwood High School, also known as Old Glenwood School, is a historic school in Glenwood, Georgia that has been used in recent years as an alternative school. It is located at 505 3rd Avenue.
It was constructed in 1920 and expanded in 1930. It includes aspects of the Colonial Revival, Craftsman, bungalow, and Spanish Mission Revival architectural styles. In 1996 a Georgia Heritage Grant was awarded to repair the school's windows. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on August 21, 1997.
Glenwood Elementary and High School was established in 1951 as one of Georgia’s first public consolidated schools for African Americans. Part of a statewide equalization effort to improve school buildings during segregation,
National Register of Historic Places NRIS #97000923
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Glenwood High School; Old Glenwood School; Historic school; Schools --- Georgia --- Glenwood.