East Hall Plaque, Ocala, Fl.
This is the plaque placed on the wall of the East Hall.
It reads as :
" East Hall constructed in 1936 as a PWA Project, its classic style disguised its purpose as an isolation/detention facility at the Florida Industrial School for girls. east Hall was the only separate detention facility ever constructed by the State of Florida to rehabilitate delinquent girls. Marion county purchased the McPherson Complex in 1986 from the state of Florida with the agreement that East hall would be adapted for use as the Marion county Historical Museum."
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.,Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; East Hall plaque; East Hall; Florida Industrial School for Girls; McPherson Complex; Marion county Historical Museum; Marion county (Fl.); Plaques --- Florida --- Ocala --- Marion county.