East Hall, Florida Industrial School for Girls
East Hall 2, Ocala, Fl.
East Hall (also known as the Florida Industrial School for Girls or McPherson Government Complex) is an historic one-story redbrick building located at 307 Southeast 26th Terrace in Ocala, Florida, United States. Designed by architect Frank Parzaile, it was built in 1936 by the Public Works Administration.
On July 28, 1995, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, NRIS #95000924.
The Florida Industrial School for Girls was a reclamation school for delinquent females in Ocala, Florida. The state legislature first established the school in 1915, and was opened in 1917. They were trained in home economics as well as traditional school curricula. East Hall is home to the Marion County Historical Museum, which features antiques and artifacts of local history.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; East Hall; Florida Industrial School for Girls; McPherson Government Complex; Marion County Historical Museum; Marion County (Fl.); Schools --- Florida --- Ocala.