Winnsboro SC Marker, South Carolina.
This is located on Congress Street, in front of courthouse, Winnsboro.
The text reads as :
" Settled on land of the Winn family, by 1780 Winnsborough had about twenty houses when it was occupied by Cornwallis. On February 21, 1865, it was occupied again, this time by General W.T. Sherman. Chartered in 1785 by Richard and John Winn and John Vanderhorst, it was made the seat of justice for Fairfield District. Incorporated in 1832, Winnsboro became a social, religious, and educational center of this area."
Erected by Fairfield County Historical Society - 1967
Two sided marker- Fairfield Co.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Winnsboro Marker; Winn family; Fairfield County (SC); Historical marker --- South Carolina --- Winnsboro.