Ridgeland Marker ( Reverse) Ridgeland SC
This marker is located in a small park on W Main Street in downtown Ridgeland, SC.
It reads as : (Reverse)
" Chartered and incorporated in 1894, Ridgeland had a population of about 500 when it became the new seat of Jasper County in 1912. The Georgian Revival courthouse was designed by William Augustus Edwards and built in 1915. U.S. Hwy. 17, constructed in the 1020´s has long brought many visitors through the town on their trips to and through the lowcountry. "
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Ridgeland; Jasper County; U S Highway 17; Georgian Revival courthouse; Historical marker --- South Carolina --- Ridgeland.