Randolph Co Marker Cuthbert GA
This marker is located outside the county Courthouse in Cuthbert, Georgia.
It reads as :
" Randolph County was created by Act of Dec. 20, 1828 from Lee County. Originally Randolph County included all of what is now Stewart and Quitman and part of Terrell and Clay Counties. It was named for `John Randolph of Roanoke` (1773-1833), Virginia statesman, for many years a member of the House of Representatives and Senate. He actively opposed the War of 1812 and the Missouri Compromise. First officers of this County, commissioned Jan. 12, 1830, were: Michael H. Hinch, Sheriff; Thomas R. Mangham, Clerk Superior Court; John M. Dennis, Clerk Inferior Court; Arnold E. Bloodworth, Surveyor; Joseph Day, Coroner. "
GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Randolph County Marker; Randolph County; John Randolph; Historical marker -- Georgia --- Cuthbert -- Randolph County.