Madison Baptist Church
Pioneer Hickstown Baptist Church Marker, Madison FL
It is located in front of The First Baptist Church on Base St (US 90). The text on the marker reads as :
The First Baptist Church of Madison
" Begun here for God's glory in 1835, the church was named Madison Baptist Church in 1854 and received its present name in 1922. Founders were Abraham Moseley and R.J. Mays. Early pastors were B. Fiddler, W.B. Cooper, H.Z. Ardis, and first deacon Elisha Smith. The Florida Baptist Convention formed the State Board of Missions here December, 1880. Members were S.B.Thomas, Sr., J.M. Beggs, B.F. Wardlaw, C.W. Stephens, J.F.B. Mays, W.W. Hall, C.V. Waugh, T.E. Langley and W.N. Chaudoin."
Sponsored by The First Baptist Church of Madison In Cooperation With Department of State, Bureau of Historic Preservation.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Pioneer Hickstown Baptist Church Marker; Pioneer Hickstown Baptist Church; Madison Baptist Church; Abraham Moseley; R.J. Mays; Madison County (Fl.); Historical marker --- Florida --- Madison.